The CCG supports the Morecambe Bay system vision:
“To see a network of communities across Morecambe Bay enjoying great physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, supported by a health and care system that is recognised as being as good as it gets.”
To achieve our vision we will deliver our “triple aim”:
• Better Health –we will improve population health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities
• Better Care – we will improve individual outcomes, quality and experience of care;
• Delivered Sustainably – we will create an environment for motivated, happy staff and achieve our control total.
Our priorities for 2018/19
1. Develop and deliver a plan for population health improvement, with a particular focus on embedding a population health approach in the work of the Morecambe Bay system, working with our mobilised communities
2. Further develop our ICCs and out of hospital model and agree a primary care development strategy with GP providers and stakeholders [which includes a clear primary care and out of hospital workforce and OD strategy]
3. Deliver national priorities for emergency care, mental health, cancer and primary care
4. Provide system leadership to ensure delivery of the Morecambe Bay Financial Recovery Plan, transforming models of care and achieving the CCG financial control total, engaging the public as we do so.
5. Work with partners to build the Morecambe Bay Integrated Care Partnership as part of the Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care System [and ensure a clear understanding of the evolution of commissioning within the ICS and ICP]