Kendal Integrated Care Community (ICC) was created in 2016 to help bring together local health and care professionals, GPs, the voluntary sector and the community to work as one team.
The focus of the ICC is to ensure that the people of Kendal are supported to improve their own health and wellbeing, and that when people are ill or need support, they receive the best possible joined up care.
The ICC helps empower people to take an active role in their health and wellbeing and supports people to manage long-term conditions, such as dementia, at home with the right support.
Kendal ICC works across organisations in the defined geographical area of Kendal and the surrounding parishes to improve the overall health and wellbeing of local people by working towards its five aims:
Kendal ICC projects include:
• The I Matter Project which is all about building a community to assist adults in working together more effectively to address the wellbeing of children
• Establishing a frailty group which brings together a core team, district nurses, adult social care, North West Ambulance Service, Age UK, reablement and Cumbria Police
• Completing over 600 anticipatory care plans. These plans have enabled some of the most vulnerable and frailest people to discuss and document their wishes for their future care.
Kendal ICC newsletters
- Week commencing 14 September 2020
- Week commencing 17 August 2020
- Week commencing 10 August 2020
- Week commencing 3rd August 2020
- Week commencing 27 July 2020
- Week commencing 13th July 2020
- Week commencing 6th July 2020
- Week commencing 29th June 2020
- Week commencing 22nd June 2020
- Week commencing 15th June 2020
- Week commencing 8th June 2020
- Week commencing 1st June 2020
- Week commencing 25th May 2020
- Week commencing 18th May 2020